LUNA MAGIC is looking for a people-focused leader and experienced supply chain and operations specialist, to lead our global sourcing strategy. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers leveraging key supplier partnerships.
- Key member of the Leadership team introducing new products and categories to the beauty market
- Demonstrated experience on-boarded vendors to support a global sourcing strategy
- Successfully reduce the production lead time of our current assortment with relevant scale with goal of supporting cash flow and COGs goals
- Developed a product development launch calendar for each country we source from delivering to 2 fulfillment centers in the United States
- Set and implement the sourcing strategy each year considering the brand goals, business growth opportunities and country of origins that will drive cost reductions.
- Collaborate product development teams to maintain schedules
- Partner with the quality assurance consulting team to set standards
- Manage the shelf life of aged inventory exceeding 1 year in stock and material liability on-hand for future use.
- Negotiate capacity, payment terms and long term vendor agreements that support margin, average unit cost goals, and the global calendar.
- Establish and manage the vendor scorecard and deliver feedback to suppliers on a quarterly basis.
- Support weekly staff meetings to update cross-functional leaders on production challenges, wins and strategic plans
- Under the direction of the Leadership team, lead the coordination and execution of the organization's workflow and programs by overseeing day-to-day operations of warehouse operations and 3PLs
- Lead vetting and decision-making on new systems (accounting, inventory, etc) to optimize team processes and company operations
- Take primary responsibility for developing and implementing administrative processes that streamline daily operations in accordance with retailer policies and procedures
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity
- Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical; you let data win arguments
- You are a data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data analysis skills. • You’re relentless
- You do what it takes to win, no matter what
- You’re a proven leader
- You have led & managed teams of 10+ employees
- You act like an owner
- You do what it takes to support a 24/7 business across multiple shifts
- Bonus Points: You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup
- You have a demonstrated interest and experience in global logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces
- You have operational experience in logistics and/or warehousing